Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Last Minute, Fearless Keynote Predictions

The tag line of this year's MacWorld is "There is Something in the Air". Conventional wisdom is pointing to an ultra portable MacBook or a delivery upgrade for the iPhone. I'm going to go completely off the page on this one. Last night I kept waking up thinking about that phrase. I tried to put myself in the shoes of The Steve. For starters I've got a bunch of rabid fans. The iPhone proved that they would pay a premium to replace what has really become a need in modern life. If I had a captured audience what would be the ideal goods to sell–what are the most basic needs of humans? That's when I realized that there was no puzzle to this year's motto. The answer is right there in the copy. If I could corner a market it would be on air. Air and water. Then maybe food and oil, but first air and water. What does this have to do with technology? I'm betting it's all in the delivery system. It's not all about air quality, it's about how you breathe it. 

No comments: