Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Heard a Rumor that I don't Quite Believe

I may be getting the next two days off! I still don't quite believe it. I've been at the store every day for the last two weeks except for Christmas. All but one of those open to close alone. While it hasn't been too bad I'm starting to dream about selling sunglasses. That's not a good sign. That's not a restful way to spend my off hours. Yesterday was good. I had two packets of sugar in the raw in my tea but other than that slight deviation on the sugar I was true to my new year's resolutions. I even started a book. I was going through my unread books with Colleen and when she heard that I had a copy of The Neverending Story she insisted I start there. It seems like a good story to get back to the basic's of reading books again. I forgot how useful reading myself to sleep is too. Of course there are those times when the book just takes over your mind and you force yourself to stay up just to find out what happens next. It will probably be a wash in the end. 

No comments: