Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

So like a billion other blogs and journals and napkin scribbles today, my topic is going to be the new year and what I plan to do, get done or avoid doing altogether. 


First the Do's 

  • Write in my Journal Every Day
  • Publish something everyday (most likely here but no promises)
  • Use a GTD method to actually get things done
  • Read at least one book a month (Aiming low but I haven't really finished a book since I moved here)
  • Eat more at Home/Cook some real food from scratch
  • Keep more accurate calendar's of my life
And the Get Done's
  • Write a play (even if I hate it)
  • Write an-autobiography (I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate that)
  • Copy all my handwritten journals onto iCal
  • Kiss a girl (I actually have one in mind)
  • Clear my balance sheets of debt
  • Free all the Antelope's (yea this one's in code)
Avoid's
  • Corn Syrup 
  • Negative Current events (hardest one on the list)
  • Negative thoughts about other people (except for the FUD Scum)
  • Negative thoughts about me
  • Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (and the pond scum that breed it)
Some of these are already close to habits. December was a banner month for writing for me. I wrote in my journal every day and I averaged over 800 words a day. I posted 31 times to this blog only missing one calendar day. I started another blog altogether to act as a bulletin board which leaves this as a place to be more personally creative on. That is I'm less likely to share this space with the cool links, fun pictures and strange pictures that make up my internet surfing. 

No comments: