Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What a day!


My Nikon and I, originally uploaded by lacadaz.

My god, I had a day today. I was up, packed, dressed and on my stoop waiting for Brandon to pick me up at a quarter after six. By the time dawn had happened we were set up taking pictures out at the wave organ. Brandon is working on a new MySpace layout for his band and had hired me to take some pictures of him for it. Eight hours, four locations and nearly four hundred frames later I got back home. Waiting for me at home were the packages that I had paid extra to have delivered to me the day before so I would have them for the photo shoot. My new tripod and flash unit were the chief components. The flash I'm still learning how to use, but boy we could have used that tripod today. Until this afternoon I was using a very inexpensive tripod with a truly diabolical head on it that allows for very little fine tuning. My new Slik tripod that my camera is resting on in this picture is my first one with a ball head. Wow, what a difference. Put the camera wherever you want it and tighten the lever. No struggling. No swearing. Very nice.

As for the shoot, Brandon came over tonight and we started sorting and playing around with post production. We did end up rating and figuring out what shots we liked and what shots would get the most attention. We did a rating system and ended up with about 70 with three stars, 17 with four and two or three that qualify as some of the best pictures I've ever taken. I'm really quite proud of the work.

Where is it you ask? Well, like I said he's working on his MySpace and wants to hold on for a kind of grand re-opening. I'm still doing some work on them so you probably aren't going to see much more than a teaser for a while on this site. In the meantime I was having some fun with my new flash and took this shot is vaulting ahead of every other one to become my favorite self-portrait.

1 comment:

Toni said...

You creativity is running at break-neck speed. I am amazed.