Sunday, February 24, 2008

Okay, So that Wasn't Such a Good Idea


Dragon & Firecrackers, originally uploaded by lacadaz.

I think the third hour did me in last night. I started shivering uncontrollably with about an hour left to go. Once the parade ended I had a hell of a time stopping shaking long enough to put my gear away. The walk home was not fun. Not at all. I tried to run a hot bath when I got home but that just made my hands and feet hurt more. This would all sit better with me if I had got got shots. But the rain kept me from bringing my flash and I grossly underexposed most of the shots.

Today I've been trying to work my way through editing them down. I shot almost 700 frames and I have no patience for anything but eating and watching old movies. I'm achy and irritable and so tired. I called in sick and then canceled on John and Sarah's Oscar party for the first time in several years. I have no idea what I'm going to take a picture of tonight. That's the one streak I've got going and I really have no idea what I'm going to shoot.

No comments: