Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Is that the Roof Coming Down?


Is the Roof Coming Down?, originally uploaded by lacadaz.

Today was supposed to be the day that makes tomorrow possible.

There is probably a bad corporate inspirational poster in that comment somewhere. Just randomize the words.

I had to work an inventory and change over for a new merged store. It was, as expected, long and a little stressful. But I was safe in the fact that my new tripod and flash would be waiting for me when I got home.

Not quite.

My new rechargeable batteries were the only thing of the two next day and one third-day package that was due from UPS. Since they were still showing as "out for delivery" on the UPS site and I was afraid of missing them before having what is my first paying assignment I sat in the lobby for three hours afraid to leave, afraid to go out and grab a bite to eat (my apartment is at the moment barren of food). Anyway the stuff never showed. Not even the slip to sign off to have them leave it tomorrow without a signature. I was pretty pissed and not a little frantic from not having eaten anything. I then went and got a club sandwich and some ice cream. The ice cream ended up melting all over my shirt, my pants, my chair, my carpet. I'm just sitting down to write this at eleven at night. I haven't written anything in my journal at all. Nobody looked at the pictures I took yesterday. I haven't taken a single picture today for the first time in almost a month and I want to be up and actually shooting on location in eight hours. I've got to take a picture, write something in my journal and fall asleep, like, right now.

No comments: