Saturday, February 2, 2008

Broke the Streak

So I didn't get home tonight until just now. That officially breaks my streak for consecutive day posts. I was at the movies. For those of my readers that I used to be married to that have been asking me to see No Country for Old Men you got your wish. I'm still in that shock to the system state that a good movie has a tendency to put me in. Joel and Ethan have made a number of essays on the evil that snakes it's way through some of the undercurrents of our country. This was the best one. Despite the fact that it is set over twenty years in the past I think it will be the movie that will best remind me of the feeling that I had about these times when I think back from the future. Our markets, our place in the world, our country seems to be driving right up on that dark border. We are not descending into chaos. But perhaps we are learning to live with it in the neighborhood. 

No comments: