Wednesday, May 30, 2007

This Guy is My Hero

It hasn't just been the switch from iWeb to Blogger. This last week I've been looking at all my computing tools. I've begun tagging in earnest and using del.icio.us to store my bookmarks rather than locally with devonthink. I've also tried to change the way I read on the Internet. This has meant giving rss readers a new look. I thought I had settled on Bloglines a couple of days ago but after watching Robert Scoble in action in this video I thought I would give http://www.google.com/reader/view/ another try. It's all about the keyboard shortcuts. That more than anything is what I need to embrace. I'm such a one handed surfer. Unless I'm writing something I tend to ignore the mouse. If I can change that I think I can be happier with my productivity. Watching Scoble use Google Reader to scan 600 blogs was a good endorsement. Why is it taking me years to get my processes right? What can I say? It's a process I guess.



Update: The switch from iWeb also coincided with a switch from Safari to Firefox (for the del.icio.us extensions at first) and I've decided to make flickr my permanent home for photos on the web. This means that the only thing I'm using .mac for is the imap email. Now that I've weened myself off of the service I hear this little tidbit from Reuters: "After a questioner suggested .mac had failed to live up to lofty expectations, Jobs said: 'I couldn't agree with you more. We'll make up for lost time in the near future.'"

No comments: