Friday, May 25, 2007

A Little Dig at My Kansas Readers


I came across this tonight from the reDiscovery Institute. I think it was more timely last year before the right wing school board got kicked out. These guys lay the sarcasm on pretty thick but then again some of these anti-education types have got it coming. Simplify, simplify, simplify. A universe with only 4 elements just seems so much more streamlined. I wonder what else we could simplify? One political party maybe. Surely one religion. And one all powerful commander in chief.

Kansas has been getting some help in other quarters on this topic. Listen to how biologist P.Z. Myers reacts to a South Carolina science fair winner. Still the grand prize has to go to the Creation Museum in Kentucky. Just what we need, a 27 million dollar investment in making our kids worse in science. Like we needed any help doing that.

1 comment:

Toni said...

It's times like these,I still proudly claim my California roots.My lettuce arrives at the local Wal-Mart from Salinas with the dirt still hanging on.