Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Face From My Past


This is a reprint from my iWeb site. I thought I would include it here because I don't want to ever give out the address to that site again but there are some people that I still keep up with that remember those times.

While idling googling my past, which I do from time to time, I came across notice that Bill Skiff, the father of my high school girlfriend had passed away last summer. Bill had been a manager of a couple of different cab companies in San Francisco. I dated his daughter for half of my junior and most of my senior year. He was one of those classic S.O.B. types, a little too in your face for my taste and had a real difficulty listening to anything anybody else had to say. Still, he was a good guy to have as your girlfriends father. He knew all sorts of people and edges, got me my first job, taught me how to bowl. There was some fun times back then. Then again it was a weird time for everybody. For Sheri and I, it was to be expected, we were in high school and didn’t know jack shit. about anything. For Bill it was a transition as his kids were growing up and his marriage was falling apart. I still remember helping his wife empty the house while he was at work the day she moved out on him. Apparently she wasn’t the only one that had a problem with him. Anyway, rest in peace Bill. God or Satan, it doubt it matters, I imagine you’re talking either of their ears off.

No comments: