Friday, May 25, 2007

Computer Mania Continues


I continued to work on setting up my laptop until after three in the morning. I was so wound up that I couldn't get to sleep for another hour or so. So did I sleep in and wake up balanced and refreshed? Of course not. I woke up at six-thirty and immediately tried to figure out why the settings I made in firefox before I went to sleep were no longer there. Hours go by like this. Once again I forget to eat anything substantial. If only I could keep my diet to tea and sunflower seeds I could keep the pounds off. The problem is that I'll eat nothing but until I get wacky in the head and require cheeseburgers.

Since Blogger doesn't really like Safari and Firefox does get along with del.icio.us very well, I've spent most of my time customizing Firefox and getting it to sync between my two computers. I took the screen shot above to show off my latest piece of computing happiness the all favicon toolbar. I know it looks obnoxious and is probably slowing down my browser but I just love having all my sites right where I can see them. The name of the extension that does this is Smart Bookmarks Bar. You can see that I've got my favorite fifty or so sites bookmarked on it.

The website that is on screen is the is the funniest thing I found all morning. Check it out here. It is included because I just hung up the phone with my ever encouraging friend John whose reaction to me saying that I've started a new blog was to ask if I could not make it so boring this time. Bite me John.

No comments: