Friday, November 23, 2007

Not So Black Friday

So today kicks off the Christmas Retail season. It's eight o'clock in the morning and many of my friends in retail working for other companies have been at work for four or five hours already. Not me. If fact I went ahead and loaned my only employee to a mall store for the day. I'll be working Black Friday alone. And I can't tell you how little I am stressed about it. That isn't to say that I don't hope to have some business. It's just that where I am and what I sell I feel confident in having a day that I can handle without breaking too much of a sweat. I can't begin to say what a treat that is. It is the "Priceless" moment in the Mastercard commercial.

I spent yesterday in Santa Rosa with my cousin, his girlfriend and a buddy of his from the Coast Guard school. It was a friendly afternoon. We spent the time waiting for the bird to cook playing Trouble. I had no idea that game could get so cutthroat. Anthony even wondered aloud if there had ever been a knife fight caused by the game. What can I say it was silly but it was fun. The food was great and there was plenty of it. All in all the best Thanksgiving I have had in a very, very long time. And a special shout out to Heather, Anthony's girlfriend for driving all over Northern California top pick me up and take me home. Thanks you guys. 

So I'm writing every day in my journal, I'm staying more clearheaded than ever, I've been sneaking down to Mt. View to get adjusted whenever I can, I've started posting here again, and I'm trying to write down one affirmation or wisdom everyday for inspiration. Today was Carlyle's opening line to Characteristics, "The healthy know not of their health, but only the sick." For me it is a reminder to recognize health and happiness when it descends on me. So we may get profitable today but I'm just not going to think about this Friday as black.

No comments: