Thursday, November 29, 2007

Late Start

This morning I titled my journal entry “Late Start” because I didn’t wake up until eight. That is a good two hour later than usual for me and I hadn’t even been up that late last night. I had some strange morning dreams though. I seem to remember being Queen Elizabeth’s head butler and being pissed as hell at her over her attitude. I’m not even going to try to figure out what that might mean. Anyway, as I got to writing it started to come out that I was referring to more than the lateness of the hour. You see, I turn 39 tomorrow and I still feel like I’m just starting to figure out my creative side. All my journaling feels like I’ve been sketching for years without ever starting a canvas. Tomorrow feels like it starts a countdown. These are my final 365 days to produce something before I turn 40. It’s funny but I actually feel good about that. Getting back into the habit of writing daily is starting to turn some dividends. Out of the blue this week I’ve had a couple of new ideas about a play that I’ve been mulling around in my head for years. I spent this morning checking out a new writing program to start turning those ideas into something tangible. It would do a lot for me to finish a play in the next year. Even a lousy one. My creative life could use a little completion. 

No comments: