Saturday, November 24, 2007

I Got Into a Knife Fight With Al Pacino

It may be true that other people's dreams are boring to listen to but they can sure make for some colorful headlines. Plot lines rarely make sense in dreams so I'll just give you some of the images: Al Pacino, the second in command to the General in Woody Allen's Bananas, a daughter I don't really have, a machete and a butcher knife (used by me), the house I lived in as a child in Concord (second and third grade). The thing that woke me up was my failure of nerve when pressed to decapitate Pacino to save my little girl. Weird, wacky stuff. 

After that you're probably wondering what the hell I did last night before I went to be. Let this be a warning to you about 80's music. It can kill Al Pacino. Last night a song I loved came up on shuffle but it was a lame live version I didn't realize I had so I went looking for a better copy of So. Central Rain since my copy of Reckoning was on cassette and I haven't seen it in at least 10 years. As it is one of the great self-indulgent songs about loss I had to have more. So I started a new playlist called broken and started adding. R.E.M led to the Who's Bargain which led to Love Will Tear Us Apart which led to Atmosphere. Somehow over the course of the next hour I ended up with my bluetooth headphones on dancing around my apartment to General Public, Dramarama, Material Issue and even The Outfield. (Yes, Bourbon was involved). In case you have been in my apartment and are having a harder time picturing where in the hell I was "dancing around" than me in a knife fight with Tony Montana, I will just say that my furniture gives it a more authentic, crowded dance floor feeling.

No comments: