Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Visual Arts

I haven't been writing very much this past week. I even missed two days in my daily pages breaking a two week streak (my longest in a year). But I have stayed busy with creative projects. I continue to work on my Photoshop skills and I have put considerable time into organizing my photo collection on Aperture. I finally have a work-flow down for photography. Hooray!

Tuesday was a pretty tough day at work. I found out that my boss was supposed to fire me. He's managed to stop that but I'm going to be forced out of my store. That made me pretty sad as it had nothing to do with my performance simply my ability to play politics. So I came home Tuesday night with a song from the Muzak going through my head. I downloaded it and ended up playing it all night while messing around with the lyrics in photoshop. That's this picture. The song is "We Will Become Silhouettes" by The Postal Service.

I'm not suggesting any sort of cosmic attachment to the music or lyrics or my interpretation of them. It was, however, a nice piece of art therapy I engaged in. It makes me happy to think that I was able to create something while in a depressed state. This is a big step for me. Catatonic has been a more useful word when describing me when I'm low. I've always liked the concept of catharsis a whole lot more. We'll try that again tonight. Ten years ago today I was getting married.

No comments: