Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My Francis Scott Key Moment

Legend has it that Francis Scott Key woke to an enormous flag flying after the 25-hour British bombardment of Fort McHenry promoting him to write the verses that would become our national anthem. One of the first things I found in my inbox this morning was a link to Jason Linkins in the Huffington Post about the fact that the Wall Street Journal had lived through the night. Linkins is using a necking metaphor in his piece saying that Rupert had failed to get to second base with the Bancroft family. Here is where I would re-write The Star Spangled Banner if I possessed better turn of the phrase than I actually do.

For another day at least the WSJ lives, although this particular dance may have more to do with price than anything else. This is some video from last week when the Bancroft's first cracked the door open to Murdoch. Here is the article it references.


No comments: